FIND CENTERS WITH
If you would like to know if clinics with TBS Osteo are located in your area, please fill out the form below.
Osteoporosis has emerged as a major health concern in almost all industrialized countries.
Osteoporosis is a condition that can often go undetected until a fracture occurs. When left untreated, it can lead not only to significant pain but disability, and loss of independence.
50% of patients at risk (1) of fracture are potentially missed by bone densitometry alone. You need additional information about your bone quality. This can be assessed by Trabecular Bone Score.
Why is TBS important to measure?
While BMD is currently the gold standard for the diagnosis of osteoporosis, it has its limitations since it only provides information on bone quantity. Unlike BMD, Trabecular Bone Score provides useful additional clinical information on bone microarchitecture. TBS Osteo provides a more comprehensive overview of your bone health.
Trabecular Bone Score can be obtained from a regular DXA examination. This allows your doctor to better evaluate your bone health for improved patient care.
Fill out to form to find TBS centers near you!
- *Kanis, J.A., et al., Long-term risk of osteoporotic fracture in Malmo. Osteoporos Int, 2000
- **Johnell, O. and J.A. Kanis, An estimate of the worldwide prevalence and disability associated with osteoporotic fractures. Osteoporos Int, 2006. 17(12): p. 1726-33</p
- 1.02.2023 | About Osteoporosis | International Osteoporosis Foundation. (s. d.).
- 2 Hernlund, E., et al., Osteoporosis in the European Union: medical management, epidemiology and economic burden. A report prepared in collaboration with the International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF) and the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industry Associations (EFPIA). Arch Osteoporos, 2013. 8: p. 136.
- 3. The global burden of fractures, © 2021 The Author(s). Published by Elsevier Ltd.
- 4. Guzon-Illescas, O., Perez Fernandez, E., Crespí Villarias, N. et al. Mortality after osteoporotic hip fracture: incidence, trends, and associated factors. J Orthop Surg Res 14, 203 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1186/s13018-019-1226-6
- 5. Lorentzon M. Treating osteoporosis to prevent fractures: current concepts and future developments. J Intern Med. 2019 Apr;285(4):381-394. doi: 10.1111/joim.12873. Epub 2019 Jan 18. PMID: 30657216.