skip to Main Content
- Professor Emeritus at the UCSF-University of California San Francisco, US;
- Expert in radiology, medicine, orthopaedic surgery; authored 500 peer-reviewed articles, presented 1,000+ abstracts at national and international scientific and professional events;
- Founder of the Osteoporosis and Arthritis Research Group – widely acclaimed as a leading source of research in non-invasive imaging methods applied to osteoporosis, arthritis, and orthopaedics;
- Past: President of the International Skeletal Society; Chair of the WHO Task Force on Osteoporosis; Chair of the International Steering Committee for Artificial Gravity for the joint US, German and Russian Space Programmes;
- Awards: 2013 – received the International Osteoporosis Foundation’s (IOF) Olof Johnell Science Award; 1998 – voted Outstanding Physician of the Year by the International Society for Clinical Densitometry (ISCD).
Back To Top