Last updated: May 24, 2018
Collection of information
When you visit our Website, we may collect information regarding your visit from your computer. We collect this information in order to continually improve and enhance the functionality of MEDIMAPS GROUP.
The information you may provide us with is classified into two general types (user-provided information and website usage information), both of which are discussed in greater detail below.
In order to make your visits to our Website as enjoyable as possible, we may ask you for Personal Information. Personal information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address, both of which you may be asked to provide when registering with MEDIMAPS GROUP. A description of some of the ways that you may provide personal information to us, as well as further details on how we may use such personal information, is given below.
If you e-mail us through a “Contact us” link on our Website, we may ask you for information such as your name and e-mail address so that we can respond to your questions and comments. If you choose to correspond with us via e-mail, we may retain the content of your e-mail messages, your e-mail address and our response to you.
Questionnaires and surveys
We may occasionally ask viewers of our Website to complete online surveys and opinion polls about their activities, attitudes and interests. These surveys help us serve you better and improve the usefulness of MEDIMAPS GROUP. When requesting your participation in these surveys, we may ask you to provide us with your name and e-mail address.
Our Website may offer its users the opportunity to use bulletin board blogs and chat rooms and to engage in discussions with other users. If you choose to use these features, you should be aware that any personal information you submit through these features can be read, collected or used by other viewers of these forums and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums.
Medical Device Users Information
If you are a user of a TBS iNsight, a Medical Device which is manufactured by Medimaps Group, we collect information on your DXA systems on which TBS iNsight is installed, on the staff handling these devices, and on the communications that we have had with this staff for the following purposes:
- We need to be able to contact you in case of medical vigilance related to our device
- We need to provide you access to our e-Learning platform in order to educate your staff to use properly the Medical Device that we have manufactured
- We need to keep evidences that your requests, questions and complaints have been handled in compliance with the applicable standards and have received answers that match your expectations
We may obtain personal information through the Channels. The types of personal information we may obtain and store include:
- contact information (such as name, phone and fax number, email and postal address) for you or any other principals in your business.
- information to create your online account (e.g. username, password, security question and answer).
- biographical and demographic information (such as date of gender, job title/position).
- customer and purchase service history.
When/if relevant: financial information (e.g. payment information, including name, billing address and payment card details (e.g., card number, expiration date and security code); bank account information; financial statements,government-issued ID numbers and Tax ID numbers)
- location data (such as data derived from your IP address, country and zip code) and the precise geolocation of your mobile device where we have provided notice and choice, as appropriate;
- contact information you provide about friends or other people you would like us to contact;
- other personal information contained in content you submit to us (such as through our “Contact Us”feature).
When you visit our Website, it will send a session cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow this, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits our Website to access the cookies it has already sent to you and not the cookies sent to you by other websites. Except as otherwise set out herein, all of our cookies are necessary for the provision of our services.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files sent by a website’s server to a web browser, processor memory or hard drive and stored there. They can be used for a range of different purposes, such as customising a website for a particular user, helping a user navigate a website, improving that user’s website experience, and storing that user’s preferences and login information.
Essential and non-essential cookies
Cookies can be classified as either ‘essential’ or ‘non-essential’.
Essential cookies: these are cookies that are either:
- used solely to carry out or facilitate the transmission of communications over a network; or
- strictly necessary to provide an online service (e.g. our website or a service on our website) which you have requested.
Non-essential cookies: these are any cookies that do not fall within the definition of essential cookies, such as cookies used to analyze your behaviour on a website (‘analytical’ cookies) or cookies used to display advertisements to you (‘advertising’ cookies).
Session and persistent cookies
Cookies can be classified as either ‘session’ or ‘persistent’, depending on how long they last after they are placed on your browser.
Session cookies: session cookies last for as long as you keep your browser open. They expire when you close your browser.
Persistent cookies: persistent cookies expire at a fixed point in time or if you manually delete them from your browser, whichever occurs first.
First and third party cookies
Cookies can be classified as ‘first party’ or ‘third party’. First party cookies: these are cookies placed on your device by our website domain. Third party cookies: these are cookies placed on your device by third party website domains. If you require further information about cookies in general, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Cookies can be categorized in four categories.
|Used solely to carry out or facilitate the transmission of communications over a network; or strictly necessary to provide an online service (e.g. our website or a service on our website) which you have requested.|
|PREFERENCE & FUNCTIONALITY COOKIES||These cookies collect information about your choices and preferences and make using the website more practical.
They are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
|ANALYTICS & CUSTOMIZATION COOKIES||These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites are being used to help us improve our websites and application for you in order to enhance your experience.|
|ADVERTSING (TARGETING) COOKIES||These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you and your interests. They also perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.|
Which cookies do we use?
In the following, you find a selection of the cookies we use and their functionality:
SESS0417e7da81f7eb6a74acae35aa088002 – Type Persistent Product: MEDIMAPS GROUP
- Description: Session ID used for login. This is persistent in order to maintain login data across sessions. Does not contain any personal information.
has_js – Type Session-based – Product: MEDIMAPS GROUP
accept_cookies Type Persistent. – Product: MEDIMAPS GROUP
- Description: Boolean used to determine if a visitor has accepted cookies. Does not contain any personal information.
__utma – Type: persistent – Product: Google Analytics
- Description: This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to the site and it is updated with each page view. Additionally, this cookie is provided with a unique ID that Google Analytics uses to ensure both the validity and accessibility of the cookie as an extra security measure. Does not contain any Personal Information.
__utmb – Type: persistent – Product: Google Analytics
- Description: This cookie is used to track the session for Google Analytics. Does not contain any Personal Information.
__utmc – Type: session – Product: Google Analytics
- Description: This cookie is no longer used by Google Analytics to determine the session status. Does not contain any Personal Information.
__utmz – Type: persistent -Product: Google Analytics
- Description: This cookie stores the type of referral used by the visitor to reach the site. It is used to calculate search engine traffic, ad campaigns and page navigation within the MEDIMAPS GROUP site. The cookie is updated with each page view. Does not contain any Personal Information.
_mkto_trk – Type: persistent – Product: Marketo
- Description: This cookie allows us to collect information about how the site is used via e-mails. The cookies track data linked to your e-mail address and include data such as how you arrived at the site, how often you have visited it and which pages you looked at. Does not contain any Personal Information.
uuid2 – Type: persistent – Product: ReTargeter
- Description: This cookie contains a unique randomly-generated value that enables the Platform to distinguish between browsers and devices. This information is used to select advertisements for delivery by the Platform and to measure the performance of, and attribute payment for, those advertisements. Does not contain any Personal Information.
Sess- Type: persistent – Product: ReTargeter
- Description: The sess cookie contains a single non-unique value: “1”. It is used by the Platform to test whether a browser is configured to accept cookies from AppNexus. Does not contain any Personal Information.
Anj – Type: persistent – Product: ReTargeter
- Description: This cookie contains advertising interest segments provided by MEDIMAPS GROUP and other third parties. The segments are used to select advertisements for delivery on the Platform. Does not contain any Personal Information.
Trackalyzer – Type: persistent – Product: LeadLander
- Description: This cookie is simply a unique ID used for behaviour tracking purposes. However, the process surrounding the cookie includes the collection of IP addresses and search-related data in order to evaluate visits to, and monitor use of, the Site. This cookie is persistent so that data can be linked over multiple sessions.
Loop- Type: persistent – Product: LeadLander
- Description: Stores information about the last page visited. Does not contain any Personal Information.
ELOQUA – Type: persistent – Product: Eloqua
- Description: This cookie is used to collect information about how visitors use our site. The cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Does not contain any Personal Information.
ELQSTATUS – type: persistent – Product: Eloqua
- Description: Status cookie. Does not contain any Personal Information.
For information on how Google uses data from cookies it uses, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
To opt out of Google Analytics tracking across all websites in general, you can do so here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
(a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
(d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
(e) https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
When you visit MEDIMAPS GROUP, we may also use “Clear GIFs” (a.k.a. “web beacons” or “pixel tags”) or similar techniques in our Website and/or in our communications with you. A clear GIF is typically a one-pixel, transparent image located on a web page or in an e-mail or other type of message that helps us to verify an individual’s viewing or receipt of a web page or message. Clear GIFs allow us to know whether you have viewed a web page prior to visiting our Website and may enable us to relate such information to other information, including your personal information. We use information provided from clear GIFs to allow more accurate reporting, improve the effectiveness of our marketing and make MEDIMAPS GROUP better for our users.
IP address and clickstream data
Our servers automatically collect data about your Internet Protocol address when you visit us. When you request pages from our Website, our servers may log your IP address and sometimes your domain name. Our servers may also record the referring page that linked you to us (e.g. another website or a search engine); the pages you visit on this Website; the website you visit after this Website; other information about the type of web browser, computer, platform, related software and settings you are using; any search terms you have entered on this Website or a referral website; and other web usage activity and data logged by our web servers. We use this information for internal system administration, to help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer our Website. Such information may also be used to gather broad demographic information, such as country of origin and Internet service provider. Personal information (including IP addresses) is not used to facilitate contact with users who have not provided their contact details to Medimaps Group. Your IP address may be used to identify the clickstream that led you to our site; however, personal information is not shared with any third-party marketing companies.
Rights to opt in/opt out
You have the right to “opt in” and/or “opt out” of certain of our uses of your Personal Information. For example, you may have the opportunity to choose whether you would like to receive correspondence from us and/or third-party service providers. Your Personal Information will not be shared with third-party service providers unless you give consent. You will have the opportunity to opt out of MEDIMAPS GROUP’s promotional e-mails by clicking the “opt out” or “unsubscribe” link in the e-mail you receive. You can also request this by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying whether (i) you would like to opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from MEDIMAPS GROUP in general, or just via e-mail, post and/or by phone, and/or whether (ii) you would only like to opt out of certain MEDIMAPS GROUP’s e-newsletters or correspondence.
Please understand that if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
Use, Disclosure, and Sharing of Personal Information
We may use third-party partners to help us operate and maintain our Website and deliver our products and services. We may also share your information with our service providers and other third parties (“Affiliated Parties”) that provide products or services for or through this Website or for our business (such as website or database hosting companies, address list hosting companies, communications providers, e-mail service providers, analytics companies, distribution companies, fulfilment companies, credit card processing companies and other similar service providers that use such information on our behalf). Third-party service providers are contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information, except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. Data may be processed in the European Union, the United States, India or Israel depending upon contractual requirements and in accordance with legal jurisdictions for the region(s) to which MEDIMAPS GROUP is subject.
We may disclose non-personally identifiable aggregated statistics regarding user behaviour as a measure of interest in and use of our Website and e-mails to third parties in the form of aggregated data, such as overall patterns or demographic reports that do not describe or identify any individual user. Information relating to aggregated statistics will be collected through the use of third-party cookies and other third-party tracking devices.
Legally compelled disclosures
We may disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary (a) to conform to the law, comply with a judicial or court order or comply with legal processes served on us or Affiliated Parties; (b) to protect and defend our rights and property, the Website, the users of the Website and/or our Affiliated Parties; or (c) to act as needed under the circumstances to protect the safety of users of our Website, ourselves or third parties.
Consent to worldwide transfer and processing of Personal Information
(applies unless otherwise agreed in writing between you or your organization and MEDIMAPS GROUP).
Privacy of minors
This Website is not directed at children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on our Website. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on our Website, we will delete the information from our records.
We use commercially reasonable and industry-standard physical, management and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your Personal Information. We also use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when transmitting sensitive information. Whilst we endeavour to protect the security and integrity of sensitive Personal Information provided to this Website, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, either during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
If you contact us by e-mail or a “Contact us” or similar feature on the Website, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure. An unaffiliated third party could view information you send by these methods in transit. We accept no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts by third parties during or after transmission.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your Personal Information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If notification is appropriate, we shall endeavour to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and (insofar as we have your e-mail address) we may notify you by e-mail. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification. If you would prefer us to use another method to notify you in this situation, please e-mail us at email@example.com with the alternative contact information you would like us to use.
Conditions of use
Attn: Medimaps Group SA
18 chemin des aulx
+41 22 884 86 44