Register to learn more about TBS Osteo and download our documents
Used in the field of osteoporosis, TBS iNsight™ (Osteo) is an advanced imaging software application for bone densitometers (DXA). It provides doctors with a simple solution to better predict a patient’s risk for bone fracture; to fine-tune therapy decision; and to improve patient management.
TBS iNsight™ is a Medical Device that is CE 2797 marked & has been cleared to be sold in the US.
How it works
Easily installed on a DXA machine, this software application uses the DXA 2-D images produced during a regular spine Bone Mineral Density (BMD) scan to seamlessly compute a patient’s Trabecular Bone Score within seconds. This result provides precious information as to the patient’s trabecular bone microarchitecture and is displayed in a “TBS report”, automatically edited and easy to interpret by practitioners.
Two patients with the same trabecular and/or cortical bone density (same BMD values) can have a different underlying bone microarchitecture (different TBS scores).
They will not have the same fracture risk:
If you have TBS installed or need to reference our User Manual, please fill the form here »
- easy to install and use
- requires no additional patient radiation exposure nor scan time
- compatible with 80% of all installed DXA machines.
- computed within a few seconds
- seamlessly integrated to the current workflow
- easy to interpret by practitioners
- indirect yet highly correlated with bone microarchitecture parameters, biomechanical behaviour and bone strength, independently of bone mineral density (BMD), clinical risk factors and FRAX®
- provided for use as a complement to a DXA analysis.
- TBS has gained international recognition with more than 500 scientific publications
- added value recognised in international guidelines and many national guidelines
- US FDA SaMD (Software as a Medical Device) classification
- used in 75 countries
- TBS report available in 14 languages.
TBS has gained international recognition with 500 peer-reviewed publications. It has been incorporated in several international and national guidelines and recommendations. With this positive track record, TBS has become the gold standard for bone microarchitecture assessment in daily clinical routine.